Tasty, hot and creamy. No matter what the brand is, whether it is Milo, Ovaltine, Vico or even Melko, hot chocolate is really an everyone’s favourite drink. Did you know, this flavored drink has started to drink by the Mayans thousands of years ago and they have found plenty of nourishment in this drink. Lets mynutrisi talk about the benefits of hot chocolates.
Benefits of Hot Chocolates Despite of Its Superb Taste
- According to a study conducted at Cornell University, the antioxidant concentration in hot cocoa is almost twice as strong as red wine. Cocoa concentration is two to three times stronger than green tea and four to five times stronger than black tea.
- Professor Chang Yong Lee, Cornell’s research leader, added that “hot” in “hot chocolate” is important too. More antioxidants are removed when they are heated.
- A cup of hot cocoa contains 611 milligrams of Gallic acid equivalent phenolic compounds (GAE) and 564 milligrams equivalent to epicatechin flavonoid (ECE). Gallic antioxidants are used to treat internal bleeding, albuminuria (presence of urinary albumin, which may indicate kidney disease) and diabetes.
- Although a normal chocolate bar have a strong antioxidant benefit, the health benefits in the hot chocolate drinks can overpass it because of the presence of saturated fats – cocoa generally has approximately less fat per serving compared with 8 grams of fat in standard chocolate.
- Flavonoids help in the process of increasing nitric oxide in your body, which is why hot cocoa can increase blood flow, help lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
- Flavonoids in hot chocolate also help prevent platelets in your blood from mixing together and forming blooms that cause blood to clot and form blockage in blood arteries.
- Drinking hot chocolate can help your thinking process improves as well. This is because Flavonoids increase the blood flow and oxygen to the brain.Some researchers thinks that Dementia, a disease in which is caused by slow blood flow to the brain, can be treated with cocoa.
So now, what are you wait anymore? Lets take a cup of hot cocoa for your health.
How to Make the Best Homemade Hot Chocolate
How to make the BEST Homemade Hot Chocolate. This method gives you a creamy, rich, smooth chocolate drink! Made with milk, a little vanilla, chopped chocolate, and a touch of whipped cream. This is the best Hot Chocolate recipe by Fifteen Spatulas.
Special Recipes of Delicious Hot Chocolates :
- Delicious Hot chocolate always starts with real chopped chocolate
- Heat up milk in a saucepan per usual (with a little sugar)
- bring it to a scalding temperature (about 180 degrees F), and that’s when you’ll see little bubbles on the side of the pot
- Be careful to not let the milk come to a boil, or your hot chocolate will be grainy.
- When the milk is properly hot, turn off the heat and add melted chocolate straight into the milk (just microwave the chopped chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until melted)
- The melted chocolate whisks in beautifully and you end up with creamy, smooth hot chocolate
- Serve with either marshmallows or whipped cream, and enjoy!