Apple cider (also called sweet cider or soft cider or simply cider) is the name used in the United States and parts of Canada for an unfiltered, unsweetened, non-alcoholic beverage made from apples. Though typically referred to simply as “cider” in those areas, it is not to be confused with the alcoholic beverage known as cider throughout most of the world, called hard cider (or just cider) in North America. Once widely pressed at farmsteads and local mills, apple cider is now easy and inexpensive to make. Lets mynutrisi talk about the benefits of apple cider.
Benefits of Apple Cider Despite of Its Tangier Taste
- Rich in potassium, which is a type of mineral that often low in adult diet. These minerals are important for growth, muscle building, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity and others. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny nose.
- Rich with acetic acid. This acid is said to slow down the digestion of starch which can help to reduce glucose levels that usually occur after meals.
- Stabilize body fluid ph. This helps your body maintain a suitable pH level for a healthy alkaline condition. (It’s especially important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine)
- It can help control blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Rich with malic acid that provides anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-wrinkle.
- Can help in decreasing intestinal discomfort and help to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
- It can help to clear skin condition and disability.
- Apple cider helps the weight loss process by encouraging fat burning in the body so your body can use them instead of storing it.
- A few laboratory studies have found that fruit vinegar may be able to kill cancerous cells or slow their growth.
So now, what are you waiting anymore? Lets take a spoon of apple cider for your health.
How to Make the Best Homemade Apple Cider
Apple cider vinegar is a fermented liquid made from apples that may be able to help certain health conditions you have. You can add apple cider vinegar to your diet by drinking it straight, or you can mix it with other liquids and foods if you’re not a fan of the taste. This is the best Homemade Apple Cider recipe by Tastemade
Special Recipes of Healthier Apple Cider :
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 6 Red Delicious Apples
- 1 Valencia Orange
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Nutmeg, finely chopped
- 4 Whole Cinnamon Sticks, halved.
- 1 Tbs Cloves
- Wash apples and oranges and cut into quarters.
- Add to a large stockpot along with the brown sugar.
- Lay your nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves into a cheesecloth, and tie into a satchel.
- Fill your stockpot with enough water to cover the fruit, and add your spice satchel.
- Bring water to a boil, let your mixture boil for at least one hour to let the fruit soften.
- Mash your softened fruit, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 additional hours.
- Allow the pot to cool completely, and remove your spice satchel.
- Line a large bowl with a doubled cheesecloth, and add the contents of the stockpot.
- Twist and squeeze the cheesecloth to get as much juice as you can.
- Drink cool or reheat, just make sure you rummage through some leaves afterwards 🙂