Basil is most commonly used fresh in recipes. In general, it is added at the last moment, as cooking quickly destroys the flavor. The fresh herb can be kept for a short time in plastic bags in the refrigerator, or for a longer period in the freezer, after being blanched quickly in boiling water. The dried herb also loses most of its flavor, and what little flavor remains tastes very different, with a weak coumarin flavor, like hay. Lets mynutrisi talk about the benefits of basil seeds.
Benefits of Basil Seeds Despite of Its Jelly Looks
- Basil seeds are said to have antioxidants, anti-bacteria, anti-viral, anti-cancer, antispasmodic, and anticancer.
- Basil seeds can help in controlling blood sugar in type 2 diabetics
- Fiber in the outer layer of soaked basil seeds has a laxative effect. It can also be used to reduce flatulence, stomach cramps, and indigestion.
- Fiber in basil seeds make your stomach feel full and therefore can help in weight loss.
- Basil has traditionally been used to treat cough, cold, cold and asthma.
- Basil seeds helps reduce depression, stress, mental fatigue, and migraines.
- When crushed and mixed with oil, basil seeds can be used as a treatment for skin infections, wounds, and wounds.
- Researchers in Thailand found that sweet basil seeds could be used to lower cholesterol levels.
- The antibacterial properties of basil seeds are useful for treating bladder infections and vaginal infections.
- Basil also rich in Vitamin K, protein and iron which can help to keep your hair shiny and healthy. It has even been known to help prevent hair loss and baldness
So now, what are you wait anymore? Lets start our diet menu with basil seeds for your health.
How to Make the Best Homemade and Healty Diet Menu With Basil Seeds
Basil seeds are wonderful in promoting weight loss as they are rich in fiber and protein. If we consume basil seeds, they keeps us fuller for long periods of time thus making it an ideal weight loss ingredient. If we consume a tbsp of the soaked basil seeds daily, it will help be fuller for long periods of time and will prevent us from reaching for fattening snacks.This is the best basil seeds recipe by wildturmeric.
Special Recipes of Delicious Basil Seeds :
1. Basil Seeds weight loss drink :
- Soaked sabja seeds: 1 tbsp
- Low fat milk: 1/2 cup
- Gulkand: 1 tsp
Mix everything together and your wonderful weight loss drink is ready.
2. Basil Seeds with fruits :
Use soaked sabja seeds as a topping for any fruit and a cup of it will keep you fuller for long periods of time.
3. Basil Seeds fat cutter drink :
Mix honey, lemon juice and soaked sabja seeds in a cup of water and your effective fat cutter drink is ready.