Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root or simply ginger, is widely used as a spice or a folk medicine. It is a herbaceous perennial which grows annual pseudostems (false stems made of the rolled bases of leaves) about a meter tall bearing narrow leaf blades. The inflorescences bear pale yellow with purple flowers and arise directly from the rhizome on separate shoots. Lets mynutrisi talk about the benefits of ginger.
Benefits of Ginger Despite of Its Unique Aroma
Ginger can be used fresh, dry, powdered, or as oil or juice, and sometimes added to processed foods and cosmetics. It is a very common ingredient in recipes. The unique aroma and ginger taste come from natural oils of gingerol. Gingerol is a major bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for many medical features. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Listed below is the benefits of ginger:
Great Ginger Benefits
- Not feeling hungry? Eat ginger before lunch to awaken the appetite. Instead ginger can activate digestive juices.
Ginger improves absorption and assimilation of important nutrients in the body.
- Feeling nauseated? Chew ginger, preferably with a little honey.
- Bloating? Ginger can help reduce abdominal bloating!
- Stomach in pain? Indigestion? Drink ginger juice.
- Joint pain? Ginger with anti-inflammatory properties can help. Bathing in a bathtub mixed with some ginger oil helps to relieve muscle and joint pain.
- Are you undergoing surgery? Chewing ginger after surgery can help overcome nausea. Fry until crunchy so you can easily eat it.
- By generating tea aroma, ginger tea can get rid of sore throat and nasal congestion .When the weather is cold, hot ginger tea is absolutely the right choice.
- How are you sleeping? Try adding fried ginger with a bowl of soup or porridge.
- Ginger could help to lower cholesterol level,
- Ginger is believes to lower blood pressure.
- Ginger can help prevent cancer.
So now, what are you waiting anymore? Lets put some ginger in our meal for the best of our health.
How to Make the Best Sushi Ginger
Sushi Ginger is an essential condiment for sushi, yakisoba and okonomiyaki. Gari (Sushi ginger) is the slices of ginger that have been pickled in sweetened vinegar, most of the time served with Sushi. With this recipe, you can eat it in 3 hours, keep in the fridge and it good for about 3 days. If you want to make pink Gari, please use young ginger. This is the best Gari recipe by ochikeron
Special Recipes of the Best Sushi Ginger :
- 200g Young Ginger Root (7.1 oz)
- 120ml Vinegar (4.1 fl oz)
- 100ml Water (3.4 fl oz)
- 5 tbsp Sugar ½ tbsp Salt
- Pour some hot water in a glass cup to disinfect it. Empty the jar and dry it out. It will dry quickly with residual heat.
- Peel and slice the ginger. (If you are using young ginger leave the red part, then it will become pink when pickled.)
- Boil for 2-3 minutes to remove the bitter taste. Leave to cool, then drain well using paper towels.
- Heat the vinegar, sugar, and salt to mix well. You can either use a pot or a microwave.
- Place the sweetened vinegar and the ginger slices in the disinfected cup.
- You can eat it after 3 hours.