The papaya is a small, sparsely branched tree, usually with a single stem growing from 5 to 10 m tall, with spirally arranged leaves confined to the top of the trunk. The lower trunk is conspicuously scarred where leaves and fruit were borne. The leaves are large, 50–70 cm in diameter, deeply palmately lobed, with seven lobes. All parts of the plant contain latex in articulated laticifers. Unusually for such large plants, the trees are dioecious. Lets mynutrisi talk about the benefits of papaya.
Benefits of Papaya Despite of Its Oval Shape
It has soft content, consistently like butter and delicious sweet. Fruits and other parts of the papaya are said to contain papain, an enzyme that helps digest protein. This enzyme is most commonly found in the content of its fruit when it is ripe. Papain is extracted to make food digestive enzymes and has also been used as a substance in some of the gum products.
So now, what are you waiting anymore? Lets see what are the benefits of Papaya.
- Papaya not only has a delicious taste but also a rich source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotene, vitamin C and flavonoids. There are also vitamin B, folic acid and Pantothenic and minerals such as potassium and magnesium and fiber.
- These nutrients promote the health of the cardiovascular system and the heart and also protect against colon cancer.
- In addition, papaya contains digestive enzymes, papain used such as bromelain, the same enzyme found in pineapple to treat sports injury, trauma, and allergies.
How to Make the Best Homemade & Easy Papaya Milk Smoothie Recipe | Taiwanese Style
What to do with extra ripe papayas? Make Taiwanese Style Papaya Milk!
I have fond memories of buying Papaya Milk (木瓜牛奶) from a street vendor in Taiwan. Here’s my simple recipe on how to make this delicious drink. This is the best Papaya Milk Smoothie recipe by Angel Wong’s Kitchen.
Special Recipes of Delicious Papaya Milk Smoothie :
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/ cup of frozen ripe papayas, cubed
- 1/2 Tbsp. of sweetened condensed milk (optional)
For the full preparation method and instructions, watch YouTube video tutorial up there.
*Prep: Blend the frozen papaya cubes along with the milk and optional sweetened condensed milk.
Extra options include serving with boba or whipped cream.