Did you know that there are so many benefits of star fruit. Carambola or starfruit, is the fruit of Averrhoa carambola, a species of tree native to the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Mauritius and Seychelles. The fruit is popular throughout Southeast Asia, the South Pacific, Micronesia, and parts of East Asia. The tree is also cultivated throughout non-indigenous tropical areas. The fruit has distinctive ridges running down its sides (usually five but can sometimes vary); when cut in cross-section, it resembles a star, hence its name. The entire fruit is edible and is usually eaten out of hand. They may also be used in cooking and can be made into relishes, preserves, and juice drinks. Lets mynutrisi talk about the benefits of star fruit.
Benefits of Star Fruit Despite of Its Delicious Taste
Star fruit has five star-shaped lobes when it is being cut, which is why it is also called star fruit. The taste of starfruit is almost the same as the taste of citrus fruits. It feels a little sour or sweeter depending on the type. Some contain small black seeds in the middle.It has a lot of benefits. Some of them are:
- Star fruit can lower cholesterol levels and help digestive system.
- Water decoction of leaves and roots (whether separate or mixed) can help reduce headache, cure headaches and chicken pox.
- This fruit is known to cure and relieves body fatigue.
- This fruit can also be used to treat eye pain.
- Star fruit if given to mothers who are breastfeeding is believed to stimulate the flow of milk.
- There are many iron which is very important for the health of the blood in our body.
So now, what are you waiting anymore? Lets eats some starfuirt for your health.
How to Make the Best Homemade Star Fruit Recipes – Best Smoothie Recipe
Rich in vitamins and minerals, this nutritious Starfruit Mango Smoothie has a creamy texture and a sweet candy-like taste. And no sugar or dairy is needed.. This is the best Star Fruit Smoothie recipe by Living Healthy With Chocolate.
Special Recipes of Delicious Smoothie Star Fruit :
- 1 cup fresh star fruit
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve right away or store it in the fridge for later.
- Be sure to freeze your mango and strawberries before making this recipe.
- To measure 1 cup of starfruit, chop the fruit into small pieces and fill your measuring cup. Do the same with your mango before you freeze it (watch my instructional video above).
- 1 large starfruit and mango, will give you about 1 cup each.
- About 5 strawberries are needed to fill your measuring cup.
- In place of starfruit you can use apples and grapes as well.
All these awesome recipe thanks to livinghealthywithchocolate.com.