For sure, there are so many benefits of tamarind you already know. The tamarind tree produces pod-like fruit, which contain an edible pulp that is used in cuisines around the world. Other uses of the pulp include traditional medicine and metal polish. The wood can be used for woodworking, and tamarind seed oil can be extracted from the seeds. Because of the tamarind’s many uses, cultivation has spread around the world in tropical and subtropical zones. Lets mynutrisi talk about the benefits of tamarind.
15 Awesome Benefits of Tamarind You Need to Know
- Tamarind is a simple laxative.
- Tamarind is used to treat bile disturbances.
- Tamarind can lower cholesterol.
- Tamarind promotes healthy heart.
- Pulp, leaves and tamarind in various combinations can be used for pain and joint swelling.
- Tamarind can be used as as gargle to relieve sore throat, and as a freshener drink to bring relief from hot sunshine.
- Tamarind juice can be used to treat conjunctivitis.
- Tamarind is used as a diuretic drug for treating bile pain, yellow fever and flu.
- Tamarind is an antioxidant source against cancer.
- Tamarind reduces fever and provides protection against flu.
- Tamarind juice can lower the body temperature.
- Tamarind helps the body digest food.
- Tamarind is applied to the skin to cure inflammation.
- The outer layer of red seeds is an effective remedy for diarrhea and dysentery.
- Tamarind juice can also cure bleeding due to hemorrhoids.
So now, what are you wait anymore? Lets take a cup of cold tamarind juice for your health.
How to Make the Best Tamarind Juice to Refresh Your Body
How to make the most refreshing Tamarind Juice. Caribbean cookbook author Chris De La Rosa, shares his recipe for making a wonderful summer drink, using tart tamarinds. Tamarind or tambran as they are also known in the Caribbean gives this drink a unique Caribbean flavor. This is the best Tamarind juice recipe by caribbeanpot.
Special Recipes of Delicious Tamarind Juice :
For this Tamarind juice recipe you’ll need :
- 2 cup tamarind pulp
- 6-8 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar (add more to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon Mixed essence (or vanilla extract)
- 3 drops Angostura Bitters slices of lime
It is so easy! lets try now and enjoy every little benefits from it.