Corn oil is best suited for most healthy dietary practices. It is full of good fats and strong antioxidants that can contribute to good benefits. Although corn oil can benefit in some way, it is also very high in calorie content. You are advised to always use a small amount during cooking. Lets mynutrisi talk about the benefits of corn oil.
Benefits of Corn Oil Despite The Myths
- Monosaturated Fat
More than a quarter of the amount of fat in corn oil, almost 4 grams per tablespoon, is a monounsaturated fatty acid. Food with this type of fat is known as MUFA. MUFA is one of the best things you can do for your heart. MUFA plays a role in lowering LDL lipoproteins. Cholesterol damage your arteries by forming plaque at the wall of your blood vessels that sometime rupture then causing the blood vessel to clog. Cholesterol increases your chances of getting cardiovascular-related illness.
- Polyunsaturated Fats
More than half of the fat in corn oil is polyunsaturated fat that is aroung 7.4 grams per spoonful. Polyunsaturated fatty acids more commonly known as PUFA are the same as monounsaturated fatty acid that stabilize cholesterol and protect your heart. Some PUFAs in corn oil are omega-6 fatty acids, and a small part is omega-3. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are important in your diet, because your body can not produce them. You need it because it is important for communication of brain cells, growth, reducing inflammation and thus protecting your heart.
- Benefits of Vitamin E
Corn oil is also high in vitamin E. It gives you almost 15 percent of your body’s requirement in one tablespoon. Vitamin E is a type of antioxidant that can eliminate free radicals. Without the help of vitamin E, free radicals will be free to attach to healthy cells that eventually cause chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. Get 15 milligrams of vitamin E daily as recommended by the dietitian. Corn oil has 2 milligrams of Vitamin E per teaspoon.
- Eat in Simplicity
Just because the corn oil is full of good components for you does not mean you want to use it often and often. Corn oil is fat and full of calories. One teaspoon has almost 125 calories from 13.5 grams of fat. Because you need to take only 44-78 grams of fat every day for a 2000 calorie diet 20 to 35 percent of your total calories. One tablespoon of corn oil has 30 percent of your fat requirement for that day. Not just corn oil, you should always be careful in using any kind of cooking oil.
So now, what are you waiting anymore? Lets use small amount of corn oil occasionally in your meal for your health.
How to Make the Best & Very Simple Corn Oil Cake
This time we will try to share 1 simple but very good recipe. Yes, we will try to make a cake that can be baked or steamed.
In terms of texture, this Corn Oil Cake is actually quite different compared to the sponge cake. If the sponge cake feels light and empty, the oil cake is otherwise but full of softness. Yup, you got to trust me! Its superb delicious.
So, let’s see how to make it and what recipes and ingredients are needed.
Special Recipes of Delicious Corn Oil Cake :
Corn Oil Cake Recipe
- 5 eggs grade B
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ovalette
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of corn oil
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Select condiments and dyes
How to Make Recipe For Cakes and Steamed Cakes
1. First, sift flour with baking powder. Mince 2 times to mix and spread it well. Disengage. In a container add the eggs with sugar. Use the hand mixer or machine and beat until the creamy oil cake mixture. (How to know, dough turns becomes pale white.)
2. Add concentrated milk, ovalette and vanilla essence. Take a second glaze with the mixer then add corn oil. Even regular oils can be used but the use of vegetable oils make the cake even more fragrant.
3. Put in the dough in 2-3 times. Do not stir it. Blend into some parts and add the flavor or color you want. If seasoning, use 1 teaspoon only while the dye is 2 dots enough.
4. Wipe 8 inch baking sheet with baking paper and butter on a brass wall. Place the dough together alternately. Preheat the oven and bake at 170’C for 60 minutes using the fire downstairs. If you want to steam, steam for 1 hour as well.