Ginger tea is an Asian herbal beverage that is made from ginger root. It has a long history as a herbal medicine in East Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Ginger tea is usually used to prevent colds and to aid in digestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, and nausea. It is also used as a home remedy for cough and sore throats. Ginger tea was also purported to improve blood circulation.
Benefits of Ginger Tea Despite of Its Superb Taste
- Relieve nausea
Drinking a cup of ginger tea before travelling can help prevent the nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness. You can also drink a cuppa at the first sign of nausea to relieve the symptom.
- Improve stomach performance
Useful in improving digestion and increasing absorption of food, ginger tea can bloating after eating too much.
- Reduce inflammation
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that make it an ideal home remedy for muscle and joint problems. In addition to drinking ginger tea, you can also use it to soak inflamed joints.
- Fight respiratory problems
Ginger tea can help relieve congestion associated with the common cold. Try a cup of ginger tea for the respiratory symptoms associated with environmental allergies.
- Improve blood circulation
The vitamins, minerals and amino acids in ginger tea can help restore and improve blood circulation that may help decrease the chance of cardiovascular problems. Ginger may prevent fat from depositing in the arteries helping to prevent heart attacks and stroke.
- Relieve menstrual discomfort
This one is for all women suffering from menstrual cramps. Try soaking a towel in warm ginger tea and apply it to your lower abdomen. It may help relieve the pain and relax the muscles. At the same time, drink a cup of ginger tea with honey.
- Strengthen immunity
Ginger tea can help strengthen your immunity due to the high levels of antioxidants in ginger.
So now, what are you waiting anymore? Lets take a cup of ginger tea for your health.
How to Make the Best Homemade Ginger Tea
How to make the BEST Homemade ginger tea. This method gives you a natural, rich, smooth tea! This tea in fully herbs and have many benefit that traditional like to used it. This is the best ginger tea recipe by Lennie.
Special Recipes of Delicious Ginger Tea :
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons white sugar
- Place grated ginger into a 2-cup glass measuring cup.
- Fill to the 1-1/2 cup line with boiling water.
- Set timer for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off, strain into a large mug and stir in sugar (you may need more or less, depending on how sweet you want your tea).
- Taste; if it’s too strong (too gingery) for you, add a little more boiling water to your mug, but I found the strong taste really grew on me, so I hope you try it this way first!
- Sip and enjoy!